We are going to learn about the journey of refugees fleeing from war of violent conflicts in their home countries
Click on the images below to learn about what the journey of a refugee is like.
1 – Two Billion Miles
1) Note down the point of departure of your journey
2) Take notes about the journey in your notebook.
3) At some point along the route refugees must make a choice: Take note of your choice and continue the journey.
4) At every step note down the number of miles you have covered.
The starting point of your journey could be any of these:
- Asmara, Eritrea
- Buale, Somalia
- Damascus, Syria
- Sinjar, Iraq
- Aleppo, Syria
- Homs, Syria
- Ajuba, Nigeria
2 – Syrian Journey: Choose your own escape route
1) Choose whether to start your journey as MALE or FEMALE
2) Note down your experiences at every step of the journey
3) Note down the choices you make along the way
4) Describe your situation at the end of the journery
We have learned how children use drawings to tell their experience of war.
Children and war
Click on the image below to learn how making these drawings has helped them: